- Make sure you have obtained a valid working visa (check our website if you are not sure) and know the number.
- It is important to have a driving licence and experience driving manual cars it is generally considered that you will have passed your driving test before joining the programme. Please do not book your test close to your departure date as this will add extra pressure and can be very costly if you fail and need to change your flight. It is also essential to have some driving practice post-test, you will need a good concept of gears as you will be training with manual motorbikes and tractors. This puts you in a better position when finding a suitable job.
- Let us know your flight details (number and time) as soon as possible so that we can arrange an airport greeter if eligible (more details can be found on the 'Arrival, meeting and transport to Noosa' page)
- Is is essential to have a valid passport to travel and ensure VisitOz has your current details (e.g. in case of renewal after application)
- It is also important that you have appropriate work and travel insurance in case of an accident or injury. Please check that your insurance includes cover for farm-based activities during your training course and when you are working or volunteering. If not, Compass Benefits, Inter Hannover is a good reliable insurance company who can provide excellent value insurance at a cost of $2 a day, payable from your arrival date in Australia. If you are interested, please email Joanna Burnet on Joanna@visitoz.org and she will be able to provide you with a certificate of insurance. The cost of this is not included in our programme.
- Please ensure that you bring a working credit card with at least $500 on it to pay for your onward travel from the training farm to your chosen job, or $500 in cash. We do not have an ATM, mobile service or Wi-Fi at the training farm so please ensure that you have organised your finances before arrival.